"Wishing you the best of luck with the Movie Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" Martin Scorsese 2009

MPF:Master Poster List

• You cannot reply to this topic
172 replies to this topic

#41 Leena Edelman

Leena Edelman

Insert

• MPF Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:55 AM

This is fun. I grew up seeing thousands of posters pass through my family's hands. The only poster I ever passionately wanted and continue to crave for myself is the one sheet for "Breakfast at Tiffany's". When I was a teenager, I had the opportunity to buy it for $300. Ofcourse, my parents stopped me. Last week I saw the same poster available for $6,000. My dad had restored and linenbacked at least twenty of the Breakfast at Tiffany's one-sheets. A poster that I did buy a few years back was for "Big Fish". I loved the image of the Tree and I could identify with the story. I can also identify with the story of 'Amelie'. Some of my other favorites are all the magic posters, Disney, and turn of the century posters by artists Cheret and Mucha. Aside, I just had a good childhood memory: Here's the visual: When I was 12 years old my parents rented a house with a garage. This was the only year I ever lived in a house. The house had backyard garage next to a nice yard. One of the rooms was used as the art studio and then linenbacking was done in the garage. One day the 3-sheet of King Kong was being mounted. I saw the giant gorilla sticking out of the garage. I think this was about the same time Michael Jackson had a Monkey. Anyhow, something about seeing Kong made me want a real monkey in the back yard. The Academy of Motion Pictures owns that particular King Kong. It is displayed in the Margaret Herrick Library and sometimes I visit it and remember when it was in my backyard.

#42 movieposterodyssey

movieposterodyssey

Poster Expert

• MPF Premiere Collector
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 4:32 AM

Great story Leena.I like Breakfast at Tiffany's as well.Shame you couldn't get if for $300 :)

A 'Shootist'..A 'Spiderman'...A 'Night Walker'...
Some more fantastic editions!! Great stuff.

Update:

Alien - ( US 1-sheet )
Almost Famous - ( International 1- sheet )
American Grafitti - ( French Grande )
Apocalypse Now - ( Japanese BO )
A Short Film About Killing - ( Polish )
Black Sunday - ( Belgian )
Capote - ( US 1- sheet )
Cinderella - ( Advance,US 1-sheet )
Cinderella - ( Final,US 1-sheet )
Clan Of The Cave Bear - ( US 1-sheet )
Clockwork Orange - ( British Quad )
Conan - ( Advance,US 1-sheet )
Creepshow - ( Comic Book Style,US 1-sheet )
Everything is Illuminated - ( US 1-sheet )
Finding Nemo - ( US 1-sheet )
Golden Voyage Of Sinbad - ( British Quad )
Hedwig and The Angry Inch - ( US 1-sheet )
Invisible Man - ( 1951 Realart- US 1-sheet )
Italian Job - ( US 1-sheet )
Journey To The Seventh Planet - ( US 1-sheet )
Kill Bill - ( US 1-sheet )
King Tut -( US 1- sheet )
Lost World - ( Lenticular )
Mulan - ( Advance, US 1-sheet )
North By Northwest - ( 1966 Re-Release,US 1-sheet )
Outlaw Josey Wales - ( US 1-sheet )
Predator 2 - ( Advance,US 1-sheet )
Robot Monster - ( US 1-sheet )
Spiderman 2 - ( International 1-sheet )
Taxi Driver - ( Polish )
The Birds - ( US 1-sheet )
The Enforcer - ( Half sheet )
The Night Walker - ( US 1-sheet )
The Pianist - ( US 1-sheet )
The Shootist - ( US 30X40 )
Thunderball - ( French Double Panel )
To Catch A Thief - ( US 1-sheet )
Twins Of Evil - ( British Quad )
War Of The Zombies - ( US 1-sheet )
White Christmas - ( 1954 French Grande )
World Without End - ( US 1-sheet )
You Only Live Twice - ( French Grande )

Keep em' comin'..
Can't believe no 'Star Wars' posters have been added yet... http://www.moviepost...tyle_emoticons/default/trooper.gif

Anthony

Edited by movieposterodyssey, 12 September 2006 - 4:34 AM.

#43 MoviePosterFan

MoviePosterFan

Lobby Card

• MPF Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:01 PM

Hi - New to this forum. Like Leena, I have also wanted and am interested in the Breakfast at Tiffany's one sheet. Where would one acquire such a great poster from please?

#44 movieposterodyssey

movieposterodyssey

Poster Expert

• MPF Premiere Collector
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:22 AM

Welcome to the forum movieposterfan!
I agree,'Breakfast at Tiffany's' is a very nice poster.Also a very expensive one.In the $6,000-8,000 range.
Here's a dealer that has one.
CINEMASTERPIECES

Once in awhile one can be had on ebay as well,of course.

Cheers,
Anthony

#45 Goodfella

Goodfella

Administrator

• MPF Administrator
  • 8,659 posts
  • Favourite Actor: De Niro
  • Favourite Movie Poster: Mean Streets UK Quad

Posted 22 September 2006 - 7:34 PM

Hi all - Finally got round to adding my 2 favourites...

Mean Streets "Peter Strausfeld" Quad
Posted Image

and

Goodfellas One sheet
Posted Image

No Suprises there ey?!

Anthony - Many thanks for creating this post and for maintaining the list

Andy
http://www.moviepost...tyle_emoticons/default/tv.gif

#46 movieposterodyssey

movieposterodyssey

Poster Expert

• MPF Premiere Collector
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 1:17 AM

Thank you Andy,and thanks for giving this list a section as well. Great additions! Anthony

#47 Tom Pennock

Tom Pennock

6 Sheet

• MPF Moderator
  • 1,871 posts
  • Favourite Movie Poster: "Thunderball" (United Artists, 1965) 63" x 94" French Double Grande (Two Panel)

Posted 25 September 2006 - 6:14 PM

I remember very well seeing one sheet's of "Breakfast At Tiffany's" selling in Movie Collector's World for around $50.00 each. This was quite common in the late 1970's to early 1980's. After Audrey passed away there was so much renewed interest in her and her films. A true talent. It's good to have you on the forum Leena. Your Dad restored and linenbacked my most favorite posters. It's nice to know they are preserved properly for the future. --Best, Tom

Edited by Tom Pennock, 25 September 2006 - 6:20 PM.

"Life Is One Big Movie And We Are All Actors"

#48 ukquad.com

ukquad.com

Insert

• MPF Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 2:46 AM

I remember very well seeing one sheet's of "Breakfast At Tiffany's" selling in Movie Collector's World for around $50.00 each. This was quite common in the late 1970's to early 1980's. After Audrey passed away there was so much renewed interest in her and her films. A true talent.

It's good to have you on the forum Leena. Your Dad restored and linenbacked my most favorite posters. It's nice to know they are preserved properly for the future.

--Best, Tom

Posted Image

Thank you Andy,and thanks for giving this list a section as well.
Great additions!

Anthony

Posted Image

#49 ukquad.com

ukquad.com

Insert

• MPF Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 2:38 AM

I remember very well seeing one sheet's of "Breakfast At Tiffany's" selling in Movie Collector's World for around $50.00 each. This was quite common in the late 1970's to early 1980's. After Audrey passed away there was so much renewed interest in her and her films. A true talent.

It's good to have you on the forum Leena. Your Dad restored and linenbacked my most favorite posters. It's nice to know they are preserved properly for the future.

--Best, Tom

East of Eden UK quad rerelease 1970s

Posted Image

#50 movieposterodyssey

movieposterodyssey

Poster Expert

• MPF Premiere Collector
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 2:30 AM

Hello ukquad, You only get two choices to add to the list. I'm going to add your first two choices unless you say otherwise. Thanks, Anthony

6 movie poster forum members are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Movie Poster Forum Sponsors, Movie Posters for sale

Links - Movie Poster Forum Dealers, Movie Poster Sellers, Movie Posters Reference Links
Movie Poster Forum Dealers, Movie Poster Sellers, Movie Posters Reference website Links: If you would like a free reciprocal link below, please email admin@movieposterforum.com
If you would like to Advertise on The Movie Poster Forum, please click here

Movie Poster Dealers, Movie Poster Sellers and Movie Posters Reference Websites

AmovieMasterpiece | Bags Unlimited | Big Town Film Posters | Bloody Rare Posters | Bond Posters | CineMasterpieces
CK MacLeod Collectibles | Collectors Club of Great Britain | Conway's Vintage Treasures | eMoviePoster.com | europosterman.com
Egyptian Movie Posters | Filmcutts.com | Filmposter.net | Filmposters.com | Film Magazin | Flickfeast | FreeFilmPosters.com
Heritage Vintage Movie Posters | ilovefilms | IMP Awards | Jaime Mendez Restoration & Conservation | Japanese Movie Poster Company
John Reid Vintage Movie Memorabilia | kinoart.net | Learn About Movie Posters | MEM | Memorabilia Mine | MovieArt.net
MovieArt GmbH | Montana Movie Posters | MotionPictureArt | Movie Collector's World | Movie Forum | Movie Forum Blog
Movie Forum YouTube | MoviePoster.com | MoviePosters.com | MoviePosterBid.com | Movie Poster Collector | Moviepostersdirect.co.uk
Moviepostersetc.com | Movie Poster Forum Blog | Movie Poster Forum Facebook | Movie Poster Forum Twitter | Movie Poster Collecting Blog
Movie Poster Service | Movie Poster Shop | Movie Poster Studio | Original Cinema Posters | The Nostalgia Factory | Picturetrader | Passini.com
Poster Appraisal.Com | Poster Conservation | Postericons.com | Posteropolis | Poster Science | Quadbod | Reel Movie Posters | Rue des Collectionneurs
Spotlight Displays | StarWarsMoviePoster.com | The Collectors Lot | things-and-other-stuff.com | Under The Floorboards
US Filmposters | Vintage Movie Art | Vintage Movie Posters | 1art1 Film Posters

Movie Posters Collectors, Movie Posters Fansite Links

Suitable4Framing | Wrong Side Of The River - A Rumble Fish Fan Site

Movie Poster Frames
Need a Movie Poster Frame? Spotlight Displays Movie Poster Frames
has the right Movie Poster Frame for you.

Movie Poster Display Cases

Movie Poster Guides and Resources

Free Movie Poster Price Guide Online by Jon Warren - IGuide™ is proud to host the online version of the Movie Poster Price Guide™.
The price guide is maintained by Jon R. Warren, whose Movie Poster Price Guide books have been helping movie poster collectors since 1985.
The searchable database consists of tens of thousands of detailed reports on movie posters for most movies distributed in the United States since 1900.
Each report includes current market values in ten different grades, as well as a section for "Real Market Data", actual prices fetched at auction.

Other Memorabilia and Movie Posters Links
Click Here for Star Wars Movie Prop Replicas, Statues, Collectible Pins and More! StarWarsShop.com - More Product. More Exclusives.
original movie posters | original film posters | uk quad posters | us one sheets

Original Movie Posters: Recommended Books
Amazon.co.uk: Now Playing: Original Movie Posters from the Silent Era to the 1940s

Fundraising, Charity & Memorials
British Heart Foundation - In memory of Oliver Neal

If you would like a charity link or a memorial page for a loved one here, free of charge, please let me know.

Movie Poster Forum Development, Design and Web Design by Shoot Design | Maintenance products