"Wishing you the best of luck with the Movie Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" Martin Scorsese 2009

Movie Poster Seller Advice/Recommendations

• You cannot reply to this topic
497 replies to this topic

#1 Goodfella

Goodfella

Administrator

• MPF Administrator
  • 8,490 posts
  • Favourite Actor: De Niro
  • Favourite Movie Poster: Mean Streets UK Quad

Posted 31 December 2005 - 3:53 PM

The purpose of this thread is to ask questions and have querries answered about ebay/poster sellers. The other purpose of this thread is to gather a list of Good/Recomended ebay/poster sellers Please answer or advise with factual details from your own experiences. Regards Andy

#2 Swollen Goat

Swollen Goat

Insert

• MPF Member
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Favourite Movie Poster: Evil Dead II Alamo Drafthouse

Posted 31 December 2005 - 4:21 PM

well, that sounds like a familiar request that got shot down when I asked if it were possible (the list of sellers). I hope people listen to you and we can make it happen.

Edited by Swollen Goat, 31 December 2005 - 4:22 PM.

#3 Goodfella

Goodfella

Administrator

• MPF Administrator
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 4:35 PM

Not sure if it's the exact request that got shot down as you say, but... I think it is a good idea to keep members querries about sellers in one thread. I have seen a lot of querries taking place recently. It would also be great to have a "good list" as Craig suggested in another thread. If we keep to the facts and keep it professional then I see no problem in doing this. If it becomes messy or a problem then I will re-look at things.

Keep it real
Andy
http://www.moviepost...tyle_emoticons/default/gentleman.gif

#4 Swollen Goat

Swollen Goat

Insert

• MPF Member
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Favourite Movie Poster: Evil Dead II Alamo Drafthouse

Posted 31 December 2005 - 6:25 PM

Would you make a sticky for it or are we just going to keep using this thread? I'm completely down with this. I'll start. Sederic6 - He's on this board and on ebay. I picked up some posters from him off of the classifieds here and was stunningly pleased with what I received. Fromdusktildawn - Dan from MPA - solid guy ddlitd399 - No complaints with anything I've bought so far. theseventhseal - Happy with my purchases and their authenticity. That's my "good" list so far. I hope we keep it going because it's a good idea and handy for all of us. Peace out. Doug

#5 streaker76

streaker76

Insert

• MPF Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 7:08 PM

Recommended Sellers: ddilts399 - Never had a problem. Superior service. fromdustildawn - Awesome Moviegoods - Never had a problem. Store in home town so no delivery issues. emovieposter.com - Again, superior service. Steve

#6 movieposterodyssey

movieposterodyssey

Poster Expert

• MPF Premiere Collector
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 8:40 AM

Jeannie,brings up some good points. Bad poster dealers/sellers aren't stupid,Some of them,have been doing it for years.They know all the angles. We went over this on NS4.A bad seller list was out of the question. However Phil and Eric,on NS4, had some good idea's.Better seller desriptions,for one. If there was a disagreement,about a seller that was put on the list,the two parties would state their case.Then we could look at the info,whenever we wanted,and make up our own mind who to believe. Ofcourse this was for a bad seller list,but i'm sure there will be some disagreements for good sellers too. ...urgh..i don't know,hopefully this can work Much more thourough descriptions,then what you are doing. I'll get into it tomorrow...make that today i guess :) anthony

#7 KevinCoed

KevinCoed

Insert

• MPF Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 3:01 PM

Anybody have any experience with ebay seller Filmfavorites? Am thinking of getting something off them but I've got a funny feeling.

#8 movieposterodyssey

movieposterodyssey

Poster Expert

• MPF Premiere Collector
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 5:32 AM

Welcome to the forum Kevin, I've never bought from "Film favorites". This seller has alot of 60's-80's folded material.Mostly obscure titles.These appear authentic,since most of the movies weren't that popular.The reprint/bootleg threat is low. The boxes of newer poster titles,appear to be one sided.Most collectors like double sided material. I would guess they are authentic,most are from not so popular movies,but i'm not 100% sure. I would imagine these one sided posters,were leftover,cause everyone wants double sided. anthony

#9 movieposterodyssey

movieposterodyssey

Poster Expert

• MPF Premiere Collector
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 6:54 AM

Hello All, Having a list of good sellers is nice,but some people might want to know,why they are good? Did the seller describe the item correctly?:If it was a reprint,was it desribed as a reprint.If it was original,was it desribed as such.If they didn't know what it was,did they say so. Was the condition described accurately?:If it had a rip in it,was it described as having a rip in it, Was the communication good?:Did the seller answer any questions,you may have asked. Or provide pictures,if requested. What kind of auction was it?:Did the seller use private auctions.Some people might be turned off,by the possibility of shill bidding. What payment methods are accepted?:Some might be paypal only. Does the seller pack his items professionally? Did the seller ship in a timely manor? Are refunds offered? Some collectors might have these questions and much more. Best to give,as much information as possible,when adding a seller to this list. You don't have to write a book,just a little summary,on your seller experience. To erase confusion,a seller's ebay user ID,or their internet store name,would be best. Followed by a description of your experience,with the particular seller. Remember,a new collector might join a forum first,before they buy any posters. Or,might be lurking,looking for this information. Maybe,a forum member,might need info on a seller. Any additional info,from the experience, with the seller you add to the list ,would be helpful. A seperate post,with just seller ID'S,or their store names,should be made,once a certain amount of sellers have been compiled. JUST SOME IDEA'S AND OPINIONS,HOW THE LIST COULD WORK BETTER. anthony P.S. In the event, forum members disagree on a seller added to the list,both sides should be allowed to state their case. Forum members,could act as jurors,hearing the evidence,and deciding who they believe. Ultimately,Andy will have the final say,on matters such as these. Hopefully this list,won't be abused,and serve all in need of information,well :)

#10 Goodfella

Goodfella

Administrator

• MPF Administrator
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 5:43 PM

I agree, that is a great Idea, thanks Anthony More info the better really

9 movie poster forum members are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

MSN/Bing (1), Bing (1)

Movie Poster Forum Sponsors, Movie Posters for sale

Links - Movie Poster Forum Dealers, Movie Poster Sellers, Movie Posters Reference Links
Movie Poster Forum Dealers, Movie Poster Sellers, Movie Posters Reference website Links: If you would like a free reciprocal link below, please email admin@movieposterforum.com
If you would like to Advertise on The Movie Poster Forum, please click here

Movie Poster Dealers, Movie Poster Sellers and Movie Posters Reference Websites

AmovieMasterpiece | Bags Unlimited | Big Town Film Posters | Bloody Rare Posters | Bond Posters | CineMasterpieces
CK MacLeod Collectibles | Collectors Club of Great Britain | Conway's Vintage Treasures | eMoviePoster.com | europosterman.com
Egyptian Movie Posters | Filmcutts.com | Filmposter.net | Filmposters.com | Film Magazin | Flickfeast | FreeFilmPosters.com
Heritage Vintage Movie Posters | ilovefilms | IMP Awards | Jaime Mendez Restoration & Conservation | Japanese Movie Poster Company
John Reid Vintage Movie Memorabilia | kinoart.net | Learn About Movie Posters | MEM | Memorabilia Mine | MovieArt.net
MovieArt GmbH | Montana Movie Posters | MotionPictureArt | Movie Collector's World | Movie Forum | Movie Forum Blog
Movie Forum YouTube | MoviePoster.com | MoviePosters.com | MoviePosterBid.com | Movie Poster Collector | Moviepostersdirect.co.uk
Moviepostersetc.com | Movie Poster Forum Blog | Movie Poster Forum Facebook | Movie Poster Forum Twitter | Movie Poster Collecting Blog
Movie Poster Service | Movie Poster Shop | Movie Poster Studio | Original Cinema Posters | The Nostalgia Factory | Picturetrader | Passini.com
Poster Appraisal.Com | Poster Conservation | Postericons.com | Posteropolis | Poster Science | Quadbod | Reel Movie Posters | Rue des Collectionneurs
Spotlight Displays | StarWarsMoviePoster.com | The Collectors Lot | things-and-other-stuff.com | Under The Floorboards
US Filmposters | Vintage Movie Art | Vintage Movie Posters | 1art1 Film Posters

Movie Posters Collectors, Movie Posters Fansite Links

Suitable4Framing | Wrong Side Of The River - A Rumble Fish Fan Site

Movie Poster Frames
Need a Movie Poster Frame? Spotlight Displays Movie Poster Frames
has the right Movie Poster Frame for you.

Movie Poster Display Cases

Movie Poster Guides and Resources

Free Movie Poster Price Guide Online by Jon Warren - IGuide™ is proud to host the online version of the Movie Poster Price Guide™.
The price guide is maintained by Jon R. Warren, whose Movie Poster Price Guide books have been helping movie poster collectors since 1985.
The searchable database consists of tens of thousands of detailed reports on movie posters for most movies distributed in the United States since 1900.
Each report includes current market values in ten different grades, as well as a section for "Real Market Data", actual prices fetched at auction.

Other Memorabilia and Movie Posters Links
Click Here for Star Wars Movie Prop Replicas, Statues, Collectible Pins and More! StarWarsShop.com - More Product. More Exclusives.
original movie posters | original film posters | uk quad posters | us one sheets

Original Movie Posters: Recommended Books
Amazon.co.uk: Now Playing: Original Movie Posters from the Silent Era to the 1940s

Fundraising, Charity & Memorials
British Heart Foundation - In memory of Oliver Neal

If you would like a charity link or a memorial page for a loved one here, free of charge, please let me know.

Movie Poster Forum Development, Design and Web Design by Shoot Design | Maintenance products