"Wishing you the best of luck with the Movie Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" Martin Scorsese 2009

Movie Poster Seller Advice/Recommendations

• You cannot reply to this topic
496 replies to this topic

#481 rick

rick

Lobby Card

• MPF Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 3:09 PM

I'm looking for opinions regarding a defective Double-Sided Original poster.....please see the post: Double Sided Registration Issue....your thoughts? (Original Movie Poster Discussion page)

Edited by rick, 04 July 2012 - 3:11 PM.

#482 BostonMike

BostonMike

Lobby Card

• MPF Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 6:28 PM

Very happy to find this forum

I'm interested in some posters by ebay seller saintmartin20005 - anyone have any dealings with this seller

This is one of his auctions.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3375aec87d

Thanks,
Mke

#483 Goodfella

Goodfella

Administrator

• MPF Administrator
  • 8,307 posts
  • Favourite Actor: De Niro
  • Favourite Movie Poster: Mean Streets UK Quad

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

Never purchased from them, hoping someone here will have and be able to help... I think this part of the description was somewhat strange... "You will enjoy and have fun with the quality of this poster. It's brand new"
Movie Poster Forum: www.movieposterforum.com

email: andy@movieposterforum.com

Movie Poster Forum | Team building london

"Wishing you the best of luck with The Movie Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" Martin Scorsese 2009

#484 Sherdliska

Sherdliska

Insert

• MPF Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Favourite Movie Poster: Taxi Driver

Posted 07 August 2012 - 2:23 PM

Questions about ebay seller 010420.

His name is Dan Rickard. I've done some research and found that he is a former movie poster authentication expert. He's sold some pretty nice posters for low prices:

Goonies printer's proof:
http://www.ebay.com/...9#ht_500wt_1109

Blade Runner One Sheet:
http://www.ebay.com/...9#ht_500wt_1109

And a few others sold and currently offered, (Highlander rolled one-sheet, Goonies rolled style A, etc).

Does anyone have an opinion on the authenticity of the items he has for offer? Personal experience. I really like his offerings but I am a bit skeptical and was hoping someone here could chime in.

If he's legit, I'd like to add him to favorite sellers.

Thanks,
Scott

#485 Sherdliska

Sherdliska

Insert

• MPF Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Favourite Movie Poster: Taxi Driver

Posted 15 August 2012 - 2:25 PM

One more seller I'm looking at. French Movie poster seller with a ton of stock. Everything looks really clean, I just need some opinions about the seller and the listed posters. The seller ID is runbuffy on ebay:

http://myworld.ebay.com/runbuffy/

#486 skuzzles

skuzzles

Lobby Card

• MPF Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 3:57 AM

www.skuzzles.com

New Limited Edition Teen Wolf Print by Ghoulish Gary Pullin is amazing.

#487 ronjor

ronjor

Insert

• MPF Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone has dealt with ebay seller jomms? They have a poster or two that I would like but I get nervous with ebay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

#488 Trovious

Trovious

Lobby Card

• MPF Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Ronjor,

Jomms is a brick and mortar store called "Jerry Ohlinger's" out in New York. Although I personally have not purchased from them, I have heard nothing but good things about them.

You can find out more about them on their website http://moviematerials.com/ or give them a call using the phone number on their website.

#489 ewbankauctions

ewbankauctions

Insert

• MPF Premiere Collector
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 6:06 PM

Hello,

Just a quick note to let you know that Ewbank's, based near London in the UK, have their first movie poster auction on Friday 21st March 2013, starting at 12 noon GMT.

In this auction we have over 300 lots of Vintage and Modern Movie posters, storyboards and film props. Posters include the Great Escape, Star Wars, Carry On Screaming, True Grit, Batman / The Man Called Flintstone, 2001: A Space odyssey, The Magnificent Seven, Stagecoach, The Day Of The Triffids, Lolita, H.G. Wells The Time Machine and many many more.

Live internet bidding is available for this auction via www.artfact.com, www.liveauctioneers.com, and www.the-saleroom.com.

For our fully illustrated catalogue please visit www.ewbankauctions.co.uk (note all illustrations will be online by Tuesday 12th March).

To contact the auctioneer please email: antiques@ewbankauctions.co.uk, or call 0044 (0)1483 223 101.

Andrew Ewbank

#490 minortuning

minortuning

Insert

• MPF Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

Hi Everyone,

My name is Adam Varkonyi. I'm a Hungarian vintage poster dealer. We are primarily dealing in Hungarian posters.

I've already introduced myself a couple of months ago, but now we have a new website, which I'd like to inform you about. We are still uploading content, but you can already read a lot about the history of Hungarian poster art, and Hungarian poster artists.

Our gallery is called Budapest Poster Gallery, we are located in Budapest, Hungary. We are dealing in all types of posters, and we have a wide selection of movie posters. We frequently add new posters to our website. If you are looking for a particular poster, please let us know, and we'll do our best to find it for you.

Our website is: http://budapestposter.com/

I think that this topic is great, because I've met a lot of collectors over the past few years, who had a lot of problems with bad dealers, especially when they began collecting. We really try to provide excellent service, and if needs any advice on Hungarian posters, we'd be happy to help! Our website also contains a lot of helpful information.

Best,

Adam

15 movie poster forum members are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (3)

Movie Poster Forum Sponsors, Movie Posters for sale

Links - Movie Poster Forum Dealers, Movie Poster Sellers, Movie Posters Reference Links
Movie Poster Forum Dealers, Movie Poster Sellers, Movie Posters Reference website Links: If you would like a free reciprocal link below, please email admin@movieposterforum.com
If you would like to Advertise on The Movie Poster Forum, please click here

Movie Poster Dealers, Movie Poster Sellers and Movie Posters Reference Websites

AmovieMasterpiece | Bags Unlimited | Big Town Film Posters | Bloody Rare Posters | Bond Posters | CineMasterpieces
CK MacLeod Collectibles | Collectors Club of Great Britain | Conway's Vintage Treasures | eMoviePoster.com | europosterman.com
Egyptian Movie Posters | Filmcutts.com | Filmposter.net | Filmposters.com | Film Magazin | Flickfeast | FreeFilmPosters.com
Heritage Vintage Movie Posters | ilovefilms | IMP Awards | Jaime Mendez Restoration & Conservation | Japanese Movie Poster Company
John Reid Vintage Movie Memorabilia | kinoart.net | Learn About Movie Posters | MEM | Memorabilia Mine | MovieArt.net
MovieArt GmbH | Montana Movie Posters | MotionPictureArt | Movie Collector's World | Movie Forum | Movie Forum Blog
Movie Forum YouTube | MoviePoster.com | MoviePosters.com | MoviePosterBid.com | Movie Poster Collector | Moviepostersdirect.co.uk
Moviepostersetc.com | Movie Poster Forum Blog | Movie Poster Forum Facebook | Movie Poster Forum Twitter | Movie Poster Collecting Blog
Movie Poster Service | Movie Poster Shop | Movie Poster Studio | Original Cinema Posters | The Nostalgia Factory | Picturetrader | Passini.com
Poster Appraisal.Com | Poster Conservation | Postericons.com | Posteropolis | Poster Science | Quadbod | Reel Movie Posters | Rue des Collectionneurs
Spotlight Displays | StarWarsMoviePoster.com | The Collectors Lot | things-and-other-stuff.com | Under The Floorboards
US Filmposters | Vintage Movie Art | Vintage Movie Posters | 1art1 Film Posters

Movie Posters Collectors, Movie Posters Fansite Links

Suitable4Framing | Wrong Side Of The River - A Rumble Fish Fan Site

Movie Poster Frames
Need a Movie Poster Frame? Spotlight Displays Movie Poster Frames
has the right Movie Poster Frame for you.

Movie Poster Display Cases

Movie Poster Guides and Resources

Free Movie Poster Price Guide Online by Jon Warren - IGuide™ is proud to host the online version of the Movie Poster Price Guide™.
The price guide is maintained by Jon R. Warren, whose Movie Poster Price Guide books have been helping movie poster collectors since 1985.
The searchable database consists of tens of thousands of detailed reports on movie posters for most movies distributed in the United States since 1900.
Each report includes current market values in ten different grades, as well as a section for "Real Market Data", actual prices fetched at auction.

Other Memorabilia and Movie Posters Links
Click Here for Star Wars Movie Prop Replicas, Statues, Collectible Pins and More! StarWarsShop.com - More Product. More Exclusives.
original movie posters | original film posters | uk quad posters | us one sheets

Original Movie Posters: Recommended Books
Amazon.co.uk: Now Playing: Original Movie Posters from the Silent Era to the 1940s

Fundraising, Charity & Memorials
British Heart Foundation - In memory of Oliver Neal

If you would like a charity link or a memorial page for a loved one here, free of charge, please let me know.

Movie Poster Forum Development, Design and Web Design by Shoot Design | Maintenance products