"Wishing you the best of luck with the Movie Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" Martin Scorsese 2009

Wanted - Alice in Wonderland set of 3 onesheets

• You cannot reply to this topic
14 replies to this topic

#1 Tob

Tob

One Sheet

• MPF Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:06 PM

Hi all,

Does anyone have a set of 3 alice in wonderland DS onesheets? The ones which fit together to form a big wider complete picture? If so, PM me your price including shipping to UK and I may well be interested.

Thanks a lot!
Tob

#2 marklawd

marklawd

Half Sheet

• MPF Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 2:06 AM

In the UK you can buy a set from moviemarket.com for £60 with free shipping - it was around a third cheaper two or three weeks ago.

Mark

#3 picturetrader

picturetrader

Quad

• MPF Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:54 PM

In the UK you can buy a set from moviemarket.com for £60 with free shipping - it was around a third cheaper two or three weeks ago.

Mark

Except they no longer ship from the UK, everything ships from the US !!

#4 Forty_Candles

Forty_Candles

One Sheet

• MPF Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 3:01 PM

Tob, I sent this to you by PM but I'll post it publicly. Movieposter.com has the best deal on these - $25 each. That is actually cheaper than Ebay. However, I expect these eventually to go much cheaper on Ebay. I've already nabbed the prior Mad Hatter poster for $5 from an Ebay seller.
PosterNirvana.com (my personal collection website)

Moviepostercollectors.com (my general resource movie poster website)

#5 Tob

Tob

One Sheet

• MPF Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 6:56 PM

Thanks all for your help - much appreciated. Went for it from movieposter.com - came in at about £52 including shipping (you seem to get 10% off with a code for joining).

#6 Treegate

Treegate

One Sheet

• MPF Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 5:47 AM

Thanks all for your help - much appreciated. Went for it from movieposter.com - came in at about £52 including shipping (you seem to get 10% off with a code for joining).

Congrats, lets just hope they are authentic. When I saw them listing double-sided Twilight: New Moon reproductions, it made me think twice about them as a legit dealer. I mean, that is something I expect from MovieGoods, but never doubted MoviePoster.com, but those crazy Canadian dealer seem to think they can fool just about every collector which isn't true. When you get them, let us know how everything went, maybe take some photos. Check out the backs of them too, they should feature a lighter faded look to them on the backside compared to the front. I will have all three of the styles as well, just waiting for them to be shipped but I need to update my customers first on them.

#7 Tob

Tob

One Sheet

• MPF Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 6:13 PM

Congrats, lets just hope they are authentic. When I saw them listing double-sided Twilight: New Moon reproductions, it made me think twice about them as a legit dealer. I mean, that is something I expect from MovieGoods, but never doubted MoviePoster.com, but those crazy Canadian dealer seem to think they can fool just about every collector which isn't true. When you get them, let us know how everything went, maybe take some photos. Check out the backs of them too, they should feature a lighter faded look to them on the backside compared to the front. I will have all three of the styles as well, just waiting for them to be shipped but I need to update my customers first on them.

Cheers for the heads up, will definitely do that. As they were listed as original, if they're not original, I'll simply be onto my credit card company to do a chargeback with them. I went to see Avatar at the IMAX in London on Sat and they had these posters displayed on the way out, they look really good...hope the film lives up to them!

#8 movieposter

movieposter

Lobby Card

• MPF Premiere Collector
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 8:07 PM

Hi,
I haven't posted much before, but I just wanted to interject a fact check. Movieposter.com has never sold double sided New Moon posters. All of our reprints are labeled and none of the New Moon posters (24x36 is all we've ever had) have never been labeled as double sided. In point of fact, all of our original material is clearly stated as such and the Alice in Wonderland posters are definitely authentic.
Just wanted to clarify the misinformation. You may have seen double side New Moon posters elsewhere, but we've never had them on our site.
Thank you.
http://www.movieposter.com
http://www.facebook.com/iloveposters
http://twitter.com/moviepostercom
1877-8POSTER

#9 Treegate

Treegate

One Sheet

• MPF Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 8:20 PM

Hi,
I haven't posted much before, but I just wanted to interject a fact check. Movieposter.com has never sold double sided New Moon posters. All of our reprints are labeled and none of the New Moon posters (24x36 is all we've ever had) have never been labeled as double sided. In point of fact, all of our original material is clearly stated as such and the Alice in Wonderland posters are definitely authentic.
Just wanted to clarify the misinformation. You may have seen double side New Moon posters elsewhere, but we've never had them on our site.
Thank you.

No disrespect but I DID see Twilight: New Moon posters listed as double-sided and as reproductions on your site. A few days later the listing changed. It may have been an error on someone's part when updating the site, but I am quite certain what I saw. I know that MoviePoster.com does offer a large selection of originals on the site, as well as reprints clearly listed as such too which is refreshing to see, but when I had some customers asking about Twilight New Moon posters, and I didn't have any available, I searched other sites and noticed that on the website at the time I checked, it stated double-sided and reproduction. A few days later it wasn't listed, so perhaps it was a website error. I often refer my customers to MoviePoster.com and other legit dealers for something that I don't have available. If what I saw wasn't accurate, my apologies, but I know what I saw on the site at at that time. Also my apologies for lumping you in the "crazy Canadian dealers" comment, meant that towards another poster dealer up there, but I lumped both of you in that statement.

Jon

#10 picturetrader

picturetrader

Quad

• MPF Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 8:10 PM

Congrats, lets just hope they are authentic. When I saw them listing double-sided Twilight: New Moon reproductions, it made me think twice about them as a legit dealer. I mean, that is something I expect from MovieGoods, but never doubted MoviePoster.com, but those crazy Canadian dealer seem to think they can fool just about every collector which isn't true.

Movieposter.com definately one of the good guys. Maybe you should have rechecked their site before posting the above Jon as comments like that can have serious consequences.

2 movie poster forum members are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Movie Poster Forum Sponsors, Movie Posters for sale

Links - Movie Poster Forum Dealers, Movie Poster Sellers, Movie Posters Reference Links
Movie Poster Forum Dealers, Movie Poster Sellers, Movie Posters Reference website Links: If you would like a free reciprocal link below, please email admin@movieposterforum.com
If you would like to Advertise on The Movie Poster Forum, please click here

Movie Poster Dealers, Movie Poster Sellers and Movie Posters Reference Websites

AmovieMasterpiece | Bags Unlimited | Big Town Film Posters | Bloody Rare Posters | Bond Posters | CineMasterpieces
CK MacLeod Collectibles | Collectors Club of Great Britain | Conway's Vintage Treasures | eMoviePoster.com | europosterman.com
Egyptian Movie Posters | Filmcutts.com | Filmposter.net | Filmposters.com | Film Magazin | Flickfeast | FreeFilmPosters.com
Heritage Vintage Movie Posters | ilovefilms | IMP Awards | Jaime Mendez Restoration & Conservation | Japanese Movie Poster Company
John Reid Vintage Movie Memorabilia | kinoart.net | Learn About Movie Posters | MEM | Memorabilia Mine | MovieArt.net
MovieArt GmbH | Montana Movie Posters | MotionPictureArt | Movie Collector's World | Movie Forum | Movie Forum Blog
Movie Forum YouTube | MoviePoster.com | MoviePosters.com | MoviePosterBid.com | Movie Poster Collector | Moviepostersdirect.co.uk
Moviepostersetc.com | Movie Poster Forum Blog | Movie Poster Forum Facebook | Movie Poster Forum Twitter | Movie Poster Collecting Blog
Movie Poster Service | Movie Poster Shop | Movie Poster Studio | Original Cinema Posters | The Nostalgia Factory | Picturetrader | Passini.com
Poster Appraisal.Com | Poster Conservation | Postericons.com | Posteropolis | Poster Science | Quadbod | Reel Movie Posters | Rue des Collectionneurs
Spotlight Displays | StarWarsMoviePoster.com | The Collectors Lot | things-and-other-stuff.com | Under The Floorboards
US Filmposters | Vintage Movie Art | Vintage Movie Posters | 1art1 Film Posters

Movie Posters Collectors, Movie Posters Fansite Links

Suitable4Framing | Wrong Side Of The River - A Rumble Fish Fan Site

Movie Poster Frames
Need a Movie Poster Frame? Spotlight Displays Movie Poster Frames
has the right Movie Poster Frame for you.

Movie Poster Display Cases

Movie Poster Guides and Resources

Free Movie Poster Price Guide Online by Jon Warren - IGuide™ is proud to host the online version of the Movie Poster Price Guide™.
The price guide is maintained by Jon R. Warren, whose Movie Poster Price Guide books have been helping movie poster collectors since 1985.
The searchable database consists of tens of thousands of detailed reports on movie posters for most movies distributed in the United States since 1900.
Each report includes current market values in ten different grades, as well as a section for "Real Market Data", actual prices fetched at auction.

Other Memorabilia and Movie Posters Links
Click Here for Star Wars Movie Prop Replicas, Statues, Collectible Pins and More! StarWarsShop.com - More Product. More Exclusives.
original movie posters | original film posters | uk quad posters | us one sheets

Original Movie Posters: Recommended Books
Amazon.co.uk: Now Playing: Original Movie Posters from the Silent Era to the 1940s

Fundraising, Charity & Memorials
British Heart Foundation - In memory of Oliver Neal

If you would like a charity link or a memorial page for a loved one here, free of charge, please let me know.

Movie Poster Forum Development, Design and Web Design by Shoot Design | Maintenance products