"Wishing you the best of luck with the Movie Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" Martin Scorsese 2009

Forum Introductions

• You cannot reply to this topic
574 replies to this topic

#181 orbit

orbit

Lobby Card

• MPF Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

Hi, I'm Mark and ran across this site when searching on google "how to tell if it's an original movie poster". I'm interested in buying a few posters but wasn't really sure on prices and whether ebay was a legit source for buying since I've heard there's a lot of fakes. Anyhow, that's what I've come to learn about!

#182 farhaven

farhaven

Lobby Card

• MPF Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 9:55 PM

Hi...Ken here...I've been collecting for about 10 years...very small collection but what a great hobby. This forum looks great.

#183 arsim

arsim

Insert

• MPF Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 7:30 AM

Hi Everybody.

I have been collecting since 2002. Don't have a huge collection, only about 400 posters.
Over that time I have constructed a website that had the aim to track all movie posters every made.
I originally designed it for my own private use, but have recently modified it and put it online for everyone to use.
It allows you to add and track your collections.

Not sure if you are allowed to post links, so I won't post it unless I am told otherwise.
If anyone would like to test it out, please let me know, as I would love the feedback.
It's purely for the love of collecting and is non profit.

Thanks,
Alex
PosterGuide.org: a database of movie posters - So many posters...I need all the help I can get!

#184 Goodfella

Goodfella

Administrator

• MPF Administrator
  • 8,304 posts
  • Favourite Actor: De Niro
  • Favourite Movie Poster: Mean Streets UK Quad

Posted 09 March 2012 - 8:31 AM

Welcome, go ahead and post Alex

Andy
Movie Poster Forum: www.movieposterforum.com

email: andy@movieposterforum.com

Movie Poster Forum | Team building london

"Wishing you the best of luck with The Movie Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" Martin Scorsese 2009

#185 lvaliant

lvaliant

Lobby Card

• MPF Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 6:48 AM

Hi I'm Lee and I'm interested in movie posters, I just bought two movie posters off of eBay and need help authenticating them before I get them signed by the actors. Thanks.

#186 nmycon

nmycon

Lobby Card

• MPF Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 2:08 AM

Hey,

I got into collecting Star Wars posters, I've since accumulated several 70s/8s sci-fi posters, as well as DC/Marvel posters (Batman, Spiderman, X-Men, etc) which are my 2 main areas of focus.

#187 FFFMoviePosters

FFFMoviePosters

Lobby Card

• MPF Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 8:27 PM

Hello, I am the webmaster of FFFMoviePosters.com, home of a part massive vintage poster gallery, part store, and the original movie posters blog that is authored by the site's owner. We're all about vintage posters and can't wait to converse with others that have the same passion.

Best,

Dan

#188 Ciaran

Ciaran

Lobby Card

• MPF Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 7:46 PM

Hi

My name is Ciaran and I live in London, UK. I've come across this site through a google search and, so far, have been very interested in browsing.

I collect vintage sports memorabilia, primarily type 1 photos from the 1920s era, but over the years have also purchased various rare posters (non-movies) such as for World Cups and Olympic Games tournaments, typically through auction houses.

However, as part of my collecting, I've recently stumbled upon a find of vintage movie posters, including some "big name" movies (for example - Some Like It Hot, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Seven Year Itch) I've no doubt that they are authentic in that the source (an elderly man) was part of a family that owned a large cinema network in Ireland. However, what I don't know yet is how many of the posters are first issues as against re-releases etc. Unfortunately, time has not allowed me to research much into this but I have some time off work around Easter and will look to try to find out more by then.

#189 tommo4

tommo4

Lobby Card

• MPF Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 4:12 PM

Hello,

I'm not a collector of movie posters but I do have a couple of original and authentic Tarantino UK quads for sale (Resevoir Dogs and Pulp fiction). Looking to get an idea of value and offer then up for sale on here if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

Tom

#190 kellysab

kellysab

Lobby Card

• MPF Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 5:00 AM

Hello! Just on here to sell some posters I have. Most are more modern movies, they are "over-size" posters. most 6 foot ones, looking to sell them and more to come! (:
Thanks

2 movie poster forum members are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)

Movie Poster Forum Sponsors, Movie Posters for sale

Links - Movie Poster Forum Dealers, Movie Poster Sellers, Movie Posters Reference Links
Movie Poster Forum Dealers, Movie Poster Sellers, Movie Posters Reference website Links: If you would like a free reciprocal link below, please email admin@movieposterforum.com
If you would like to Advertise on The Movie Poster Forum, please click here

Movie Poster Dealers, Movie Poster Sellers and Movie Posters Reference Websites

AmovieMasterpiece | Bags Unlimited | Big Town Film Posters | Bloody Rare Posters | Bond Posters | CineMasterpieces
CK MacLeod Collectibles | Collectors Club of Great Britain | Conway's Vintage Treasures | eMoviePoster.com | europosterman.com
Egyptian Movie Posters | Filmcutts.com | Filmposter.net | Filmposters.com | Film Magazin | Flickfeast | FreeFilmPosters.com
Heritage Vintage Movie Posters | ilovefilms | IMP Awards | Jaime Mendez Restoration & Conservation | Japanese Movie Poster Company
John Reid Vintage Movie Memorabilia | kinoart.net | Learn About Movie Posters | MEM | Memorabilia Mine | MovieArt.net
MovieArt GmbH | Montana Movie Posters | MotionPictureArt | Movie Collector's World | Movie Forum | Movie Forum Blog
Movie Forum YouTube | MoviePoster.com | MoviePosters.com | MoviePosterBid.com | Movie Poster Collector | Moviepostersdirect.co.uk
Moviepostersetc.com | Movie Poster Forum Blog | Movie Poster Forum Facebook | Movie Poster Forum Twitter | Movie Poster Collecting Blog
Movie Poster Service | Movie Poster Shop | Movie Poster Studio | Original Cinema Posters | The Nostalgia Factory | Picturetrader | Passini.com
Poster Appraisal.Com | Poster Conservation | Postericons.com | Posteropolis | Poster Science | Quadbod | Reel Movie Posters | Rue des Collectionneurs
Spotlight Displays | StarWarsMoviePoster.com | The Collectors Lot | things-and-other-stuff.com | Under The Floorboards
US Filmposters | Vintage Movie Art | Vintage Movie Posters | 1art1 Film Posters

Movie Posters Collectors, Movie Posters Fansite Links

Suitable4Framing | Wrong Side Of The River - A Rumble Fish Fan Site

Movie Poster Frames
Need a Movie Poster Frame? Spotlight Displays Movie Poster Frames
has the right Movie Poster Frame for you.

Movie Poster Display Cases

Movie Poster Guides and Resources

Free Movie Poster Price Guide Online by Jon Warren - IGuide™ is proud to host the online version of the Movie Poster Price Guide™.
The price guide is maintained by Jon R. Warren, whose Movie Poster Price Guide books have been helping movie poster collectors since 1985.
The searchable database consists of tens of thousands of detailed reports on movie posters for most movies distributed in the United States since 1900.
Each report includes current market values in ten different grades, as well as a section for "Real Market Data", actual prices fetched at auction.

Other Memorabilia and Movie Posters Links
Click Here for Star Wars Movie Prop Replicas, Statues, Collectible Pins and More! StarWarsShop.com - More Product. More Exclusives.
original movie posters | original film posters | uk quad posters | us one sheets

Original Movie Posters: Recommended Books
Amazon.co.uk: Now Playing: Original Movie Posters from the Silent Era to the 1940s

Fundraising, Charity & Memorials
British Heart Foundation - In memory of Oliver Neal

If you would like a charity link or a memorial page for a loved one here, free of charge, please let me know.

Movie Poster Forum Development, Design and Web Design by Shoot Design | Maintenance products